It’s that time of year where it gets dark around 4:00 pm and trying to get a run in after work may present some unexpected challenges.
Here are a list of safety tips to keep in mind before you head out the door:
- ALWAYS run with a buddy…or you better be running on the treadmill.
- Reflective gear…its dark and if you are running on the roads cars need to see you!
- Reflective vests/hats
- Reflective tape
- Reflective apparel
- Pick a running course that is lit up and has some activity.
- Have at least one person carry a cellphone and add a name tag to your shoe with an emergency contact.
- Pay attention to your surroundings and obey all stop signs and lights if you are on the roads.
Running can be done outdoors and can be very enjoyable around the changing seasons but…please use these precautions to stay safe.
I hear of countless times that people run alone and are attacked or people running in low visibility areas are hit by cars. A lot of this can be avoided…so always be seen and avoid high traffic areas. TOO MANY DESTRACTED DRIVERS ON THE ROAD!!!
Stay safe my friends!
If you do not have running safety gear go visit:
10328 S Western Ave Chicago, IL 60643
Mention Endurunning and receive 15% off all safety gear.